FORVIS Professional Services is the result of the merger of BKD and DGH
CHARLOTTE, NC and SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – BKD Accounting and Advisory, with 62 CPAs in Louisville and Bowling Green, merged with DHG to become FORVIS, now ranked among the top 10 professional services firms in the country, offering comprehensive insurance, tax, consulting and wealth management services.
“Today is a monumental day as BKD and DHG officially join forces and become FORVIS,” said Tom Watson, CEO of FORVIS and former CEO of BKD. “This company will be truly committed to the meaningful growth of our employees’ careers and the ultimate success of our customers. Together, our combined teams will be significantly stronger, empowered with an increased focus on the future.”
The name FORVIS stands for the forward view of more than 5,400 partners and team members who have come together to form a $1.4 billion company with offices in the United States and internationally. The firm will rank in the top 10 nationally by fiscal 2021 revenue and is poised for continued growth as it focuses on providing expanded advisory services and highly specialized industry information that complements the firm’s tax and insurance services.
“We’ve always believed there was a real opportunity for a different breed of professional services company nationally – one that excels at taking a high-touch approach to customer experience, but backed by robust resources that demonstrate a commitment to… Driving innovation and problem solving,” said Matt Snow, Chairman of FORVIS and former CEO of DHG.
Snow said the FORVIS team will be fully focused on maintaining the high Net Promoter® scores that characterized the customer-centric cultures of both legacy companies. A key to this will be ensuring that FORVIS teams remain agile as they react to customer needs and market changes.
“At every step of our integration process, we ask ourselves two questions: ‘Will this improve customer service?’ and ‘Will that allow us to maintain our agility?’” said Watson. “We believe if we can do those two things, we’ll be able to be really successful and differentiate ourselves from the rest of the top 10.”
Expanding into new geographic markets, finding even more ways to meet customers’ global needs, introducing new service offerings and innovative solutions to customers, and creating a highly compelling value proposition for employees are also high priorities. Results in each area are driven by a commitment to be bold and embrace change. As a first example, Snow points to the decision to give the new company an entirely new name.
“No other company in the top 20 has done that,” Snow said. “With every step we take, we will strive to differentiate ourselves in this profession.”
Changes in local leadership announced
As the integrated operation began, the company announced key market-level leadership changes, demonstrating its commitment to delivering unmatched customer experiences by ensuring real-time resources are deployed quickly and effectively. These markets include Atlanta, Nashville, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Florida, Winston-Salem, NC, Fort Worth, Texas and more.
FORVIS builds on the strong legacy of BKD and DHG, reflected in a name composed of the partners’ initials and reflecting our unique focus on preparing our clients for the future. With more than 5,400 dedicated professionals serving clients in all 50 states and around the world, FORVIS provides comprehensive insurance, tax, advisory and wealth management services. Visit FORVIS.com for more information.
Impact of the merger on Kentucky
What has changed (apart from the name) since the merger?
- We believe that the biggest changes will come in the form of new opportunities for our employees and new benefits for customers. Thanks to our expanded national presence, our customers gain access to even more extensive industry expertise. Our employees will have better career opportunities and mobility as part of a national top 10 company. It’s also important to note what won’t change. While we will serve customers under a new name, our commitment to exceeding our customers’ expectations and providing exceptional value remains unchanged, as does our commitment to our employees and the communities where we live and work, including Louisville, Bowling Green and the larger areas of Cincinnati and Evansville
What is behind FORVIS?
- The name FORVIS – a combination of the words “Forward” and “Vision” – reflects not only each company’s unique heritage, but also the way the combined company will operate in the future, anticipating what is ahead lies so that our customers are ready to face new challenges or opportunities arrive. The decision to choose an entirely new name was a bold move in and of itself, and it truly reflects the bold vision we have for the company and how we will serve our customers.
How was the new name/brand received by employees? Customers?
- The overwhelming response was positive. The name FORVIS perfectly describes the vision of the new company. Our employees and customers loved hearing the story of how we came up with the new name, linking it to the legacy of both companies and also to our future as a new, combined company.
Does FORVIS expect growth here? If so, how?
- The merger enables FORVIS to grow in the market and grow with our customers. It means better career opportunities for our employees by providing a best-in-class employee experience with new career paths and greater job mobility. The growth capacity of businesses and customers will increase as we help them meet their needs and aspirations, ultimately helping the region continue to grow and become a dynamic place to work and live. FORVIS anticipates growth across a variety of industries including construction, manufacturing and distribution, real estate, hospitality, technology and higher education. The company has a longstanding presence in Kentucky and our commitment to this market will not wane.
How many people (CPAs or otherwise) currently work in the Kentucky offices?
- We currently have 43 CPAs and a total of 75 employees in our Louisville office
- We currently have 19 CPAs and a total of 33 employees in the Bowling Green office
- Together 62 CPAs and 108 employees in Kentucky
Click here for more business news from Kentucky.